Art Club Meeting Minutes – February 27, 2015
Place: FRCC Ceramic Department, C1052
Time: 2:30 pm
- Leslie Macklin, Advisor
- Ariella C, President
- Eliza Graves, Vice President
- Haley Hoffman, Secretary
- Alex Skewes, Student
- Devon Watson, Student
- Elizabeth Shaw, Student
- Annie Seipel, Student
- Robin Hoffmann, Student
- Chris Boatman, Student
Order of Business: We had a unique and interesting Saltwater Etching Demo on Friday, with a great turnout! Haley brought in finished etching samples and took us through the entire process of etching a design into metal, as well as finishing techniques.
If you are interested in etching at home, please check out this PDF, which explains the process step by step! Click here -> salt etching
Students then created several colorful and fun posters for Art Club, and we discussed upcoming events.
UPCOMING EVENT SCHEDULE:
–ART CLUB’s Ceramics Workshop on Friday, March 13th and Friday, March 20th FRCC Art Club will be making ceramic garden stakes (or small individualized creations) to keep! This week we will be designing our clay creations, and the next week we will be glazing our creations. No experience necessary! Normal art club meeting to follow.
–ART CLUB’S Tie-Dyeing Fundraiser Event on Monday, April 6th from 12:30-4pm in the Community Room. (C1480) We will be taking over the community room and courtyard to tie-dye and bleach-dye shirts, socks, hats, and other items! Students have the opportunity to pay for materials and learn how to make their own creations with us, all to support a great cause- ART CLUB!
-Take Back The Night Event on Monday, April 13th from 5:00pm-8:30pm Take Back the Night first appeared in Europe in 1976 and has continued throughout the world as a sign of empowerment for women, men and children. This will be the first TBTN event to take place on Front Range’s Boulder County Campus, with goals of raising awareness of sexual violence and to support survivors in their healing. This event will include vendors from community organizations, guest speakers, community interactive pledge activities, a collaborative campus march, and candlelight vigil. Join us as we work toward a violence-free world!
–Reconstructing the Past Art Exhibit on Tuesday, April 14th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm in the Community Room A collaborative exhibition by students from Women’s Sexuality, Jewelry, Art, and Women’s History. This project will highlight the experiences of local Jewish women.
–2D Art Show on Wednesday April 15th from 9am-3pm. 2D includes any and all types of painting, photography, collages, drawings, etc. Jewelry and ceramics are not included in this show. There will be easels and boards available to showcase your pieces. Artists are welcome to place their items on sale (only if they would like). John Cross is in charge of the show, so please direct all art submission questions to him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He needs a head count in advance, so please let him know ASAP!
– ART CLUB- Trash Art creation on Friday, April 17th at 2:30pm. EARTH DAY is Wednesday, April 22nd – Art Club will be creating “trash art” to display around campus!! This is a wonderful opportunity to draw attention to our effect on the environment, and display creative solutions to “clean up our act!” Please bring some appropriate trash with you, and we will all pool our resources! Examples: Old newspaper, magazines or ads, aluminum foil, rubber gloves, salvaged wood, toothbrushes, toilet paper rolls, can tabs, bottles, torn clothes, change, cans, broken toys, plastic, etc… No dirty or perishable items please.
– ART CLUB- BIG DAY IN THE BIG CITY on Friday, June 5th Art club will be going to Denver for an all-day field trip! Art Walk on Santa Fe Drive in Denver will host a tour of many different galleries in Denver’s art district. A free shuttle is available up and down Santa Fe Drive to the galleries. We will all go out somewhere fun for lunch, meet with a museum curator and one of Denver’s fine resident artists (Travel to and from Denver will not be provided, however carpooling is available!).
More details to follow!
- Friday, March 13th at 3:00pm Student Ceramics workshop- FREE Student Ceramics workshop (PART 1 of 2)! – This week we will be designing our clay creations, and the next week we will be glazing our creations. No experience necessary! Normal art club meeting to follow.
- Friday, March 20th at 3:00pm Student Ceramics workshop- FREE Student Ceramics workshop (PART 2 of 2) – Glazing Day for our ceramic creations! Normal art club meeting to follow.
- March 23-27th – SPRING BREAK,
- Friday, April 3rd at 3:00pm- CRAFT DAY #1- mini canvas painting!
- Monday, April 6th from 12:30pm-4pm- TIE-DYEING FUNDRAISER in Community Room
- Friday, April 10th at 3:00pm- CRAFT DAY #2 – TBD
- Monday, April 13th from 5:00pm-8:30pm TAKE BACK THE NIGHT EVENT
- Friday, April 17th at 3:00pm- TRASH ART creation workshop for Earth Day!
- Friday, April 24th at 3:00pm
- Friday, May 1st at 3:00pm
- Art Club PARTY (last meeting of the semester!)
- Friday, June 5th– ART CLUB FIELD TRIP- Art club will be going to Denver for an all-day field trip! Art Walk on Santa Fe Drive in Denver will host a tour of many different galleries in Denver’s art district. A free shuttle is available up and down Santa Fe Drive to the galleries. We will all go out somewhere fun for lunch, meet with a museum curator and one of Denver’s fine resident artists (Travel to and from Denver will not be provided, however carpooling is available!).